tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Theill <pthe...@bellesystems.com>
Subject [Q]: Possible to pack tld file in jar archive?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:46:35 GMT
Is it possible to store a tld file in a jar archive and make the jsp page
find it?

I have a tld 'my_test.tld' which I want to store in 'my_test.jar'. When I
want to use my tag library, I include the 'my_test.jar' in my classpath and
start up the tomcat server.

Unfortunately, when I request a JSP page with the standard:

	<%@ taglib uri="my_test.tld" prefix="testTag" %>

I'm getting a JasperException as shown below:

----
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Could not locate TLD META-INF/taglib.tld
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
:209)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java:648)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:110)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:188)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:984)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:959)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:955)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:140)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:148)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:247)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:352)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper.java:6
26)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper.java:5
34)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:378)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:440)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:304)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
----

I've tried to include to add an <taglib> entry in my web.xml and changed the
taglib uri in my JSP - unfortunately, this has no effect.

Peter Theill
Software Developer
Belle Systems A/S
Tel.:   +45 5944 2500