tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marco Isella <marco.ise...@tinet.com>
Subject R: NoClassDefFoundError when running JSPs
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:24:35 GMT
Hi,
the class u r missing is javac wich is used 4 compiling jsp pages.
As is written in the FAQ:

Q: What do I need in my CLASSPATH?

A: All you need is a correct version of JDK (1.1.x or 1.2).

Since the JSP engine also uses 'javac' it needs to be in the CLASSPATH.

If you are using JDK 1.1.x it will automatically be included. If

you are using JDK 1.2 you will need to set JAVA_HOME to the directory

where JDK is installed or alternately you can put "tools.jar" in your

CLASSPATH.

All other classes, jar files that are needed, are put by the startserver

script and you don't need to worry about them.

Regards

Marco