tomcat-users mailing list archives

From arne.haars...@4tel.no
Subject Error message: Address already in use
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:46:01 GMT
Hi!

I have installed tomcat 3.0 (3.1 wasn't available right now) on a Solaris
server with JDK 1.1.7. When I start tomcat I get the following error
message:

Loaded configuration from: file:/local/hts/tomcat/server.xml
Configuring web service using "default"
default: init
jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
default: init
jsp: init
Starting tcp endpoint on 2345 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler
Problem creating server: http startup exception
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException: Address already in use
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Compiled Code)

What address is this message refering to, is it the port number or what?
I have tried with different portnumber (8080, 1234, 2345) in case some of
the port number may be reserved but non of them work. Any sugestion?

Arne
PS: Please CC reply to arnechaa@online.no