tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas, Keith" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.0 session question
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:21:23 GMT
I have used the same code as Andrew and it works just great so long as my
browser has session cookies enabled. However, I cannot get encodeURL() to
detect that I have cookies turned off and so lose my session data in this
situation. I have migrated my app as follows Java Web Server --> Apace JServ
--> Tomcat. Until I migrated to Tomcat everything worked just fine. Does
anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Cathrow []
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 3:43 AM
Subject: RE: Tomcat 3.0 session question

I think that the contexts for the JSP engine and the servlet engine are
Hence if you put an object in the session using a servlet, then do a
redirect to a jsp / html page then come back you appear to "loose" the
This confused me for a while because I'm used to Websphere which maintains a
single context.
Try this ...