tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Ma <chie...@forte.com>
Subject Integrating Tomcat 3.1 with J2EE
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:42:07 GMT
Hi,

I am currently trying to integrate the latest build of tomcat with J2EE.
J2EE's j2ee.jar file (currently contains the Tomcat 2.2 engine to my
understanding) ...
I've tried to do this using two methods:

1. I added the Tomcat's jar files (servlet.jar, jasper.jar, xml.jar,
web-server.jar) into the front of the classpath.  This is the simple way of
doing it and the classloader should get the first classes that matches what
it wants in the classpath so it should work correct?

2. I've updated the j2ee.jar file with the new files from Tomcat 3.1...
this, however, causes some problems and I get unknown exceptions when
trying to start J2EE (perhaps I am replacing too many files?)

Ideally, I would like to do this the 2nd way by updating the old j2ee.jar file.
If any developer or user out there knows an "official" or "standard" way of
doing this, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Charles Ma