tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rogério Meneguelli Gatto <ga...@softdes.com.br>
Subject java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:24:48 GMT
Hello guys,

I'm trying to install tomcat and I'm trouble... My setup is:

Windows NT 4.0
JDK 1.2.2 / Hotspot 1.0.1
Tomcat 3.1beta1

My stack trace follows.  Both TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME are correctly set. I've
tried running on classic VM, to avoid a possible hotspot bug, and the output is
exactly the same.

The follwing command, running on the same classpath built by tomcat.bat, "fails
as expected", meaning java complains just about an absent main() method:

G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\bin> java com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

Any help will be greately apreciated.

Best regards,
Rogério Gatto

G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\bin> tomcat run
Using classpath:
G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\classes;G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\lib\xml.jar;G:\usr\gatto\tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;C:\usr\jdk-1.2.2\lib\tools.jar
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory.makeParser(ParserFactory.java)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:191)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)
FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.Exception: Error creating sax parser
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:207)