tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Arntson <bry...@ilm.com>
Subject setting web application environment parameteres...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:23:54 GMT
I am having trouble putting 'env-entry' tags into my web.xml file (using
tomcat 3.1beta).  The syntax I am using is:

<web-app>
<env-entry>
<env-entry-name>
DBSERVER
</env-entry-name>
<env-entry-value>
blah.joke.com:3893
</env-entry-value>
<env-entry-type>
java.lang.String
</env-entry-type>
</env-entry>
</web-app>

is this the correct way to do it, so that I can retrieve these values
using the System.getProperty() call?  It seems if I make these settings
in the web.xml file, I can not restart tomcat. An exception is thrown
when I put these entries into my web.xml file, but if I take them out,
all is fine.

Could you guys perhaps try this out in your web.xml file, and see if you
get the same problems? Please help!

Thanks,

Bryan