tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Arntson <>
Subject setting web application environment parameteres...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:23:54 GMT
I am having trouble putting 'env-entry' tags into my web.xml file (using
tomcat 3.1beta).  The syntax I am using is:

is this the correct way to do it, so that I can retrieve these values
using the System.getProperty() call?  It seems if I make these settings
in the web.xml file, I can not restart tomcat. An exception is thrown
when I put these entries into my web.xml file, but if I take them out,
all is fine.

Could you guys perhaps try this out in your web.xml file, and see if you
get the same problems? Please help!

View raw message