tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Coonrod ...@thp.org>
Subject RE: getRemoteUser() in servlet
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:34:39 GMT
You were able to get the tomcat webserver to prompt for a login? Which
version?  I've been wanting to find out how to do that.  Was there any
setting you changed other than just issuing the request?

On my copy of 3.1m under nt4.0, I get a value for getRemoteUser() when I
access it via the lan (with no prompting for login), but not when I dial in
through an ISP.

===== Original Message from tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org at 3/22/00 11:51
am