tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Arntson <bry...@ilm.com>
Subject tomcat 3.1beta caching JSP pages?
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:14:45 GMT
I am running tomcat 3.1beta, and an experiencing unusual behavior with
JSP's.  When I create a JSP, and load it through a browser, I can see
the page.  If I make half a dozen changes to the JSP page (like change
text, or words), and hit reload in the browser, the server correctly
determines that the JSP is new, and reloads the changed JSP file.
However, after about a dozen or so changes to the page, the behavior of
JSP reloading changes.  It appears that the server starts to cache the
JSP pages, and I start to see previous versions of the JSP page being
displayed.  It appears that it is not just the previous version of the
JSP file, but at least 2 or 3 prevoiously changed JSP files.  Is this
the correct behavior?  Did I not set a parameter correctly for the
server?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan