tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philip Loubele <philip.loub...@pandora.be>
Subject tomcat and helper classes
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:01:42 GMT
Hello,

we have problems using servlets that call helper classes. If we don't
use them everything works perfect. So our
installation of Tomcat is working!
In fact we are trying to migrate helper classes that we used with Apche
JServe and all of it was working without
probs.
We have off course modified and re-compiled our code with JSDK 2.2.
(upgrade from 2.0 for JServe)

We have already tried the following approaches but none of them is
working:
* wrapper.classpath in tomcat.properties
* adding /lib in WEB-INF

Any other suggestions to solve this? Are there other persons having the
same problem, now or in the past?
(We are working with the latest version of Tomcat)

In case it helps here is the exception stack we always get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: util/time
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoader.java:141)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:267)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:147)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Regards,
Phil