tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin POESCHL <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: tomcat + turbine
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:41:04 GMT

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Martin POESCHL wrote:
>
> > is anyone using tomcat with turbine?
> > i installed turbine an it (the default logon screen) works
> >
> > i tried the turbine - HelloWorld example
> > i added my packagename in the TurbineResources.properties file ...
> > the class files are in the WEB-INF/classes folder...
> >
> > but it doesn't work!! turbine could not find my screens ...
> >
> > Can anybody help me?
>
> "It doesn't work" does not give us anything to go on.  What are the exact
> symptoms?  Also, it's quite probably a configuration issue related to
> Turbine, not Tomcat ... have you asked for help on the Turbine mailing lists?
>
> Craig McClanahan

ok, if i call http://www.mycompany.com/zone/servlet/Turbine i get the
turbine-logon-screen ....
then i created a package addman.web like it is described in the turbine docu,
copied the class-files into WEB-INF classes and
added it to the  TurbineResources.properties

now if i call my screen
(http://www.mycompany.com/zone/servlet/Turbine/screen/HelloWorld) i get:

There has been an error! Please review the exception below for more information.

Get/Post Data:
 screen  = HelloWorld

The exception is:
java.lang.Exception: Requested Screen not found: HelloWorld
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java,Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.build(DefaultPage.java:91)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:115)
        at Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:422)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:146)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

java.lang.Exception: Requested Screen not found: HelloWorld

i'm sure it is a configuration problem ... and i also posted it to the turbine
mailing list, but got no answer
if it helps i can send my config files ....

Martin