tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Salgueiro ...@sibs.pt>
Subject [RESEND] Re: Problem with Tomcat 3.1 Beta
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:23:41 GMT
Hi to all.

  Well, it worked! There wasn't the zone concept in the earlier versions
of Tomcat. The problem wasn't in the mod_jserv.o lib because it worked
perfectly with the previous versions unless you had changed something...

  I don't have any error messages now regarding the IndexOutOfRange
exceptions. Nevertheless, the root zone mentions a configuration file
that
doesn't exist (@JSERV_CONF@/zone.propoerties)... Isn't that weird? Where
does Tomcat fetches the @JSERV_CONF@ variable name?

  Unfortunately the old problem persists... I moved the Number Guess
example to the new context. I created a subdir with the class
in /home/httpd/site/WEB-INF/classes/num/NumberGuessBean.class and I
copied
the numguess.jsp from the examples directory.

  In order to see if a servlet could reference the class in this new
context I inserted the line
     Class t=Class.forName("num.NumberGuessBean");
which didn't throw an exception. So, I guess that the classloader of the
servlets
(which I think it would be the same for JSPs) can reference this class.
So, what's going wrong?...

  Here is the error message that appears in the browser:

Error: 500
Location: /tomcat/html/numguess.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPwork/localhost_8080%2Ftomcat/_0002fhtml_0002fnumguess_0002ejspnumguess_jsp_0.java:15:
Class num.NumberGuessBean not found in import.
import num.NumberGuessBean;
       ^
1 error

        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:240)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:412)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:147)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:159)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:259)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:367)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:390)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
        at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:147)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Regards and thank you for your attention.

Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso