tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gal Shachor <shac...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT + APACHE + ORACLE 8.1.5
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:48:34 GMT

Jean-Noël WALLEZ wrote:

> Thanks for reply Gal,
>
> My classpath seems complete.
>
> I think my problem is about installing JSP Engine. Here is Oracle doc but I
> don't know how to do with TOMCAT. The doc was about JServ and I do not see
> ApJServAction .jsp /servlets/oracle.jsp.JspServlet
> in TOMCAT.conf?
> How can I do?
>
> Regards,
> Jean-Noel

It seems that what you need to do is to install a "new" JSP servlet.
This has
*nothing* to do with apache and the auto generated tomcat-apache.conf
should suffice.
Just for your information, zones as well as the ApJServAction directives
are
deprecated in Tomcat anyway.

All you need to do is to modify your web application configuration (the
file web.xml)
and to associate the suffix jsp with oracle.jsp.JspServlet (look at the
servlet api 2.2
spec for a description of web.xml and how to associate servlets with a
suffix).

	Gal Shachor