tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lloyd H. Meinholz" <meinh...@bmpcoe.org>
Subject several configuration questions
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:01:28 GMT
I am using Tomcat v31 b1, RedHat 6.1, Sun JDK 1.2.2 and Apache 1.3.12.

I am having difficulties understanding how to set up new contexts and
get them to work. Let's say I have a Web application named blah. I edit
the tomcat.conf file and add the following:
   ApJServMount /blah /root

I also modify server.xml adding the following:
   <Context path="/blah" docBase="/usr/www/web_site/webapps/blah"
debug="0" reloadable="true">
   </Context>

The meat of /usr/www/web_site/webapps/blah/WEB-INF/web.xml is:
   <web-app>
      <servlet>
         <servlet-name>Control</servlet-name>
         <servlet-class>org.bmpcoe.framework.Control</servlet-class>
      </servlet>
   </web-app>

In Apache DocumentRoot is /usr/www/web_site/webdocs and the mapping for
the Web Application is:
   <Location>
      AuthName "Blah"
      AuthType "Basic"