tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Bruce <chrisabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Session and Context Questions
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:46:20 GMT
Can session data be shared between contexts?

Maybe I am not thinking outside of the box, but I would like to have a
login area for my entire site.  I would then like to have various
"applications" that might utilize the user information from the login.
Some of these applications might be a messageboard, members only
download area, member account maintainence, member webbased email, etc.
 Each of these "applications" would have it's own subdirectory (e.g.
www.webserver.com/chat) with a mixture of servlet(s), images, html
files, and .jsp files.  Am I right in thinking that each of these
applications would be a separate context?  If so, how do I share say a
session userinfo object across each of the contexts?  Also since each
of these application would have there own subdirectory with the its own
index.html file, how would this properly be mounted in the tomcat.conf
file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Bruce