tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Boris Prochazka <>
Subject How do I map my servlets into the web-application
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:28:56 GMT
How do I map my servlets into the web-application

I want to acheive so my servlet will appeare under <contextPath>/<servlet-name>

Following situation:

- The web-applications is defined in server.xml with:
        <Context path="/QuickTrade" docBase="QuickTrade/htdocs"
reloadable="true" >

- My servlet is in the package qbo with file name
  QBO_LdapProfileServlet.class and package name qbo

- The classe files are all places in QuickTrade/WEB-INF/classes/qbo/*.class

- The web.xml is updated with

    As you note I would like the servlet to appear under /QuickTrade/supplierReg

I can access the servlet with the url
/QuickTrade/servlet/qbo.QBO_LdapProfileServlet but that wont do. I use
the same servlet for a number of different services. I select the
service depending of the servlet url (alias/servletname).

I am using tomcat 3.1b1, JDK 1.2.2_05 on Solaris 7

What am I doing wrong. Why does it not work ???

                              (o o)
        You know you've achieved perfection in design,
                Not when you have nothing more to add,
                        But when you have nothing more to take away.
Boris Prochazka
Frontec Norr AB
Aurorum				Phone:  +46 920 75122
S-977 75 Lulea, Sweden		Fax:    +46 920 75299

View raw message