tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Murphy <dalr...@yahoo.com>
Subject quick question about redirects
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:38:14 GMT
How does HtmlServletResponse.sendRedirect() work under Jakarta 3.1?

I just moved my app over from JServ to Jakarta and so far everything
appears to be running great, except for the sendRedirect() functions.
I was under the impression that sendRedirect() happened immediately and
halted the execution of the servlet.  However, this isn't what happens
with Jakarta.  I'm not sure if it was some code change I made when I
moved it over to Jakarta, or if Jakarata behaves differently than JServ
did.

What is the correct behaviour of sendRedirect that I should expect?

Thanks a lot!
Bryan