tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ron Forrester <...@zero-ping.com>
Subject Re: servlet confusion...
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:23:30 GMT
On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 06:28:54PM -0800, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> Put your servlet classes in the WEB-INF/classes directory (or in a JAR file
> in the WEB-INF/lib directory) of your web application.  These places are
> automatically added to the class path for your app -- no additional
> manipulation of the class path is required.  Set up the web application
> deployment descriptor (WEB-INF/web.xml) as described in the Servlet 2.2
> specification.

Okay, so I took the IsItWorking.java example from the JServ dist,
compiled it against the tomcat libs (i.e. servlet.jar), and copied the
.java and .class files into WEB-INF/classes.

All other configuration is the same, canned, tomcat-apache defaults:

My question is, how do I run the IsItWorking servlet?

I tried various URL's and always got a file not found.

I am currently reading the 2.2 spec to see if there is something
specific I need to change in the web.xml.

Any other tips are much appreciated!
Thanks.
rjf&