tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Don Metzler" <dmetz...@middlepark.com>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError when running JSPs
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:23:00 GMT
Thanks - that did it!
  ----- Original Message -----
  I had this kind of problem recently, and found the easy way to configure my system :

  The JSDK 1.2 has a built in 'extension' mechanism which you can use to compile and run with
any classes you wish to have available for any project.  Simple add the extensions (ie servlet.jar,
jasper.jar etc ) to the "jsdk1.2/jre/lib/ext" directory.  Ensure you have JAVA_HOME environmental
variable set to the jsdk 1.2 directory, and that the jsdk1.2/bin directory is in your PATH.
 Finally make sure there is no CLASSPATH set, as this just serves to stuff things up.