tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Bruce" <chrisabr...@webslate.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosts
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 02:27:45 GMT
I have gotten it to work with Tomcat 3.0 by modifying the server.xml file.
I added an additional context manager within the <server></server> tags:
Note that the AJP12 port parameter is on a different port

    <ContextManager port="8078" hostName="" inet="">

<!--
    Note: a default context, one which path is specified
          as "/", must be defined per the servlet 2.2
          specification.
-->
        <Context path="/home/www/www.vhost.com/html" docBase="webpages"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

        <Context path="/servlets" docBase="/home/www/www.vhost.com/servlets"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

        <!-- AJP12 - current JServ module -->
        <Connector
className="org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpEndpointConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8005"/>
        </Connector>
    </ContextManager>

I then added a new line within the virutal host definition of httpd.conf
(between <VirtualHost></VirtualHost>) that I wanted to use the new context
manager:
<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
      ApJServMount /servlets ajpv12://localhost:8005/servlets
</IfModule>
Notice that the ApJServMount points to the connector mount point listed
above.

I am not sure this is the correct way to do this, maybe someone on this
mailinglist knows a better way, but it is working for me.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris Bruce