tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cathrow" <acath...@seagull.nl>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.0 session question
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:42:47 GMT
I think that the contexts for the JSP engine and the servlet engine are
different.
Hence if you put an object in the session using a servlet, then do a
redirect to a jsp / html page then come back you appear to "loose" the
object.
This confused me for a while because I'm used to Websphere which maintains a
single context.
Try this ...
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/mypage.jsp").f
orward(request,response);

Aic
-----Original Message-----
From: Rajiv Sankranti [mailto:rsankranti@uswest.net]
Sent: 21 March 2000 05:57
To: Tomcat-User
Subject: Tomcat 3.0 session question

Hi,
I am trying to create a shopping cart servlet using a session object.
I am setting values in the session object in the servlet but it looks like
the values are not being saved i.e., when I submit the form a second time,
the previous entries that were put into the session object don't show up. I
am using Tomcat 3.0 with IBM JDK 1.1.8 on Caldera Linux 2.3
Could anybody give me some advice on how to get this to work.

Thanks very much.

Rajiv.