tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cathrow" <acath...@seagull.nl>
Subject RE: servlet confusion...
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:29:28 GMT
I'm using the Tomcat 3.1 beta at the moment and that appears to support
dynamic reloading of servlets.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Grigg [mailto:ken.grigg@amikanow.com]
Sent: 20 March 2000 17:47
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: servlet confusion...

I found that the canned web.xml worked fine for my configuration
(Tomcat 3.0, Apache 1.3.9, RH Linux 6.1).  What made the difference
for me was stopping and restarting Tomcat whenever a servlet is
added or changed.

Is this always going to be the case, or will Tomcat eventually be
able to dynamically find new or updated classes?

Thanks...	Ken.