From "Yasi Xi (yxi)" <...@cisco.com>
Subject Empty xxx_jsp.java files in Tomcat 8.0.26 work catalina directory
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2016 04:07:22 GMT
Hi, Dear all

I'm doing Tomcat upgrade for my J2EE server.
When Tomcat is upgraded from 7.0.54 to 8.0.26, I get lots of empty *_jsp.java files in /opt/apache-tomcat_1/work/Catalina/,
for example:

/opt/apache-tomcat_1/work/Catalina/localhost/cmp0307l/org/apache/jsp/webcomponents/jsp/globalpagenotfound_jsp.java

There're six Tomcat servers working in a round-robin manner. Each of the six Tomcat server
has lots of empty *_jsp.java files, but they do not share the same group of empty *_jsp.java
files. It appears random regarding which JSP file gets an empty *_jsp.java and in which Tomcat
server.

When I delete a single empty *_jsp.java file in a Tomcat server and restart Tomcat, the previous
empty *_jsp.java is generated and not empty.

Has anyone ever got similar situation? Any clue of the root cause?

Appreciate your help!

Regards,
-Yasi