From "Tarek Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@tco.ae>
Subject <c:set> and runtime expressions
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:23:47 GMT
Hi everyone,

I was using JSTL 1.1 in my application, and then unfortunately, I had to
downgrade to 1.0. Now, my IDE is complaining about this line in my JSP

    <c:set var="config" value="<%= Config.getInstance() %>"/>

It says "Attribute value does not accept runtime expressions.

This used to work perfectly when I was using 1.1. I tried to look at the
changes between 1.1 and 1.0 but I can not see anything related to this
issue. Is this really a difference between 1.0 and 1.1 or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

********************************************DISCLAIMER********************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright

information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this
email
or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us of the receipt
thereof.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete
this
email from your system.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.The sender shall not be liable for the
improper
or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication,nor for any
delay in
its receipt or damage to your system.The sender does not guarantee that this material is free
from
viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimise the risk.