From ilanchezhian ganesamurthy <compi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Problem with <fmt:bundle>
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:43:46 GMT
Hello,

  I have problem while displaying of japanese UTF-8 character.
  I set response header character encoding to UTF-8 by  <%@ page contentType="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"  pageEncoding="UTF-8" %> then I read the UTF-8 japanese character by following
statement

  <fmt:bundle basename="com.xxx.myBundle">
      <fmt:message key="k1"/>
  </fmt:bundle>

  Even though i set response character encoding to UTF-8 but when compiler start executing
<fmt:bundle> it automatically chages response character encoding to 'Shift_JIS' from
'UTF-8' I can notice this by printing response character encoding before and after <fmt:bundle>.
Due to this form is not displayed properly. I dont have issue with locale, I have only issue
with response character encoding.

  Resource bundle contains UTF-8 character
  I have followig jsp

  <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"  pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
 <%@ taglib uri="fmt" prefix="fmt" %>
 <head>
 </head>
    <%System.out.println("CharacterEncoding before calling fmt = "+response.getCharacterEncoding()
);%>

<fmt:bundle basename="com.xxx.myBundle">
  <%System.out.println("CharacterEncoding after calling fmt = "+response.getCharacterEncoding()
);%>

    <fmt:message key="k1"/>
  </fmt:bundle>

  You can see result o/p to

  CharacterEncoding before calling fmt = UTF-8
  CharacterEncoding after calling fmt = Shift_JIS

  Cheers
  ilan

 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket