From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSTL resource bundle issue
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:19:38 GMT
On 12/23/05, hong yuan <hyuan41@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am using JSTL resource bundle. It is defined in
> web.xml:
>
> <context-param>
>  <param-name>
>    javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext
>  </param-name>
>  <param-value>
>    package.ApplicationResources
>  </param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> My question is that if I have two or more resource
> bundle properties such as
> ApplicationResourcesBase.properties,
> ApplicationResourcesApp.properties, how do I regiester
> them in web.xml, and how do I call it in my JSP using
> fmt tag?

<snip/>

I wouldn't recommend defining resource bundles in the web.xml. We have
perfectly usable fmt:bundle and fmt:setBundle tags in the JSTL format
taglib. Please use those instead, and you won't have this issue -- you
can have as many bundles as you want, and you can pick one at any
point in time.

-Rahul