From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [SOLVED] Re: how to debug jsp compilation error in Tomcat 5.5 ?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:09:30 GMT
Woodchuck <woodchuck_5@yahoo.com> wrote on 06/17/2005 11:18:17 AM:
> > The lists have been slow. Please do not send multiple copies :-)
>
> i also noticed there seems to be multiple copies of my original post.
> i do not know why, i only sent once.

OK, sorry about the banter ;-) It seems we had quite a few incidences like
that yesterday.

> aha!  just as you stated, i found HTML tags sitting within <c:choose>
> but outside of <c:when> and <c:otherwise>
>
> well, i guess this was ok in Struts 1.1 but not anymore in Struts 1.2.7
> (or is this an unintentional change?)

The message is produced by the standard's TLVs (JSTL). The behavior you
are seeing is expected (the semantics of c:choose means the intent of
having template text outside a legal child is unclear). Not sure why it
worked for you before.

> thanks, Rahul, and everyone that tried to help! :)

You're welcome.

-Rahul