From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using JSTL 1.1.2 with Tomcat 5.5 & J2SE 5.0
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:39:48 GMT
Dino Klein" <zagzag@speakeasy.net> wrote on 06/06/2005 03:44:38 PM:
<snip/>
> I did some primitive debugging, and all I could find out is that if I
use
> xmlns:fn="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions", then I have no
> problems; I checked the TLDs, and I noticed that it does not include a
> validator like the rest (c, sql, fmt, x - all do, and cause problems).

I tried this, you are right. It turns out the bit in my earlier email that
talked about multiple jsp:root's in the expanded view was FUD, my sincere
apologies. I've removed the OT marker. Unless someone else has an
explanation, you can:
1) Dig into the JSTL TLV impls
2) File a bug report (if you're sufficiently convinced)
The two options are not mutually exclusive ;-)

-Rahul