From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Open source html calendar widget?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:47:55 GMT
At 05:21 PM 6/1/2005 -0400, Troy Davis wrote:
>Hi James,
>
>I like the look of this, however it would be a significant
>undertaking to integrate some kind of database lookup functionality
>with this. Or have you seen an example of that using this javascript?

I'm not sure what this has to do with Taglibs  but.

I recently integrated JSCalendar
(http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/) with DWR (Direct Web Remoting)
so that it produces the functionality you're looking for.   Take a look at
the following page:

http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu:8080/MannUsda/displayCalendar.do

It's a system still under development so you won't see results when
clicking on most days.  Select "May" (click on the left arrow next to
"Today" and then click on a few different days.  Yes, a database lookup is
being performed each time a day is clicked even though the page is not
being reloaded (that's the DWR part).
John Fereira
jaf30@cornell.edu
Ithaca, NY