From TroyGeek <troyg...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with SQL Dates since MySQL Upgrade
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:36:36 GMT
Hello,
I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28. I think I might be using JSTL 1.0. I'm using
Java 1.4.2_05.
I develop a small webapp on Windows. When I'm done coding the web
pages, I upload to a Linux server. The linux server recently had its
MySQL database upgraded from MySQL 3 to MySQL 4.1.

Since that change, my date formatting using MySQL's DATE_FORMAT has
been screwy. On Windows, everything works fine (My Windows system uses
same programs and versions as Linux system). But, when I use
DATE_FORMAT to format my date as a string and print that date string
out using <c:out> it comes out looking like this:

[B@4d6b1a

...instead of:

Thursday, January 27th, 2005

Also, if I refresh the JSP, that weird string with the 'at' sign
changes everytime. If I select the dates directly from the database
everything looks fine:

+---------+-----------------------------------------+
| blog_id | DATE_FORMAT(blog_date,'%W, %M  %D, %Y') |
+---------+-----------------------------------------+
|       4 | Thursday, October  14th, 2004           |
|       5 | Sunday, October  17th, 2004             |
|       3 | Thursday, October  14th, 2004           |
|       6 | Thursday, January  27th, 2005           |

But just when the JSTL prints out that string it comes out weird. You
can see an example of what i'm talking about here:

http://www.troygeek.com/Blogs.jsp

I've tried recreating the table, setting the dates to null and then
back again, etc. I'm not sure what else to do.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank you, Troy Campano