From Nic Werner <nic.wer...@sonoma.edu>
Subject Best practice for taglib declaration?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:07:13 GMT
Greetings,
    I realize this may be going against the grain, but is there anything
wrong with declaring all my taglibs in web.xml so I don't have to have
5+ lines of code at the top of every JSP page? This seems cleaner, but
everywhere I read people are lauding the practice of removing them from
web.xml and copying them into every .jsp page. I see the downsideof
web.xml is that you have to point to the taglib uri *and* the TLD
location, I can't tell if Tomcat5 improves upon this.

It seems to me it would be cleaner to declare them once and not clutter
a .JSP page, am I wrong?

- Nic.