From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Error: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagLibraryValidator
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:43:54 GMT
>From http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

If using a J2SE 1.4 JRE, the compatibility package must be downloaded and
expanded inside the folder where Tomcat was installed.

Have you done that? You may also want to grab the lates TC 5.5 version (5.5.7).
For the last couple versions of JSP, there really isn't any reason to install
TLD files and use <taglib> elements in web.xml for packaged taglibs. So, delete
the TLD files from WEB-INF and remove the <taglib> elements from web.xml. The
standard taglib directive for JSTL 1.1's core taglib is:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

Placing jstl.jar and standard.jar in WEB-INF/lib is correct.

Quoting PGibbonsX@aol.com:

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>