From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Using a localized pattern with fmt:formatNumber
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:50:37 GMT
Is it possible to apply a localized pattern when using the
fmt:formatNumber tag?

In other words, I would like the following to work correctly if my
locale is some European locale like Russian:

Say,I have a Double with a value of "12345.34"

<fmt:formatNumber value="${dblValue}" pattern="# ##0,00"/>

This does not apply the pattern as a localized pattern ... it does work
correctly if the pattern is *not* localized as in:

<fmt:formatNumber value="${dblValue}" pattern="#,##0.00"/>

The reason I am asking is that the Struts bean:write tag supports
pulling the format String from a resource bundle; but the value is
treated as a localized pattern. I am trying to get equivalent behavior
with the fmt:formatNumber tag.

Let me know if I have not explained this adequately :)

- Bill Siggelkow