From <Srinivas.Amarn...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject RE: taglib: tags embedded in output
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:04:13 GMT
Hi Kalki,

I understood u r approach of programming. Some time back I have written
Custom that outputs a string like this "<bean:message key=""/>" .during
the servlet compilation time this will be evaluated as string not as a
tag.

You can achieve this by extending the struts tag Select and Override the
method renderSelectStartElement() method.

Regards,
Srinivas M.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kalika Patil-VP
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 6:48 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: taglib: tags embedded in output

Hi,

I have written a customized taglib and there is a tag say ABC.

If my tag ABC returns a struts tag embedded in the writer output (here
in this example html taglib) for a page, then can JSP container evaluate
this tag?

Example... my tag ABC evaluates to:

I have used TagSupport class, it returns the above string to the JSP,
but I want the output of it to be displayed. How to do that?

Regards,

Kalika P. Patil

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or
deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be
intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or
contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.