From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Redirect Issues
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:38:25 GMT
Nic Werner wrote:
> Greetings again,
>    I've noticed a problem with redirect if I have a good chunk of code,
> where it won't redirect and I get this log error:
>
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>        at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.sendRedirect(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:338)

>        at
> org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.RedirectSupport.doEndTag(RedirectSupport.java:151)

>        at
> org.apache.jsp.editoutlethandler_jsp._jspService(editoutlethandler_jsp.java:602)
>
>        at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

First suggestion is to increase your page buffer size so that more of
your response can be kept in memory.  Second would be to try to move the
redirect higher in the JSP.  Third, in case this isn't the whole stack
trace, make sure you're not trying to do a redirect in an include file.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501