From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: taglib: tags embedded in output
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:29:22 GMT
Really the only way to do this is by modifying your own tag to
incorporate the functionality of the Struts tags. It's not possible to
output JSP code from a tag and have that evaluated. We had the same
discussion a couple of days ago in a separate thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg07615.html

--
Martin Cooper

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:47:42 +0530, kalika.patil@iflexsolutions.com
<kalika.patil@iflexsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a customized taglib and there is a tag say ABC.
>
> If my tag ABC returns a struts tag embedded in the writer output (here
> in this example html taglib) for a page, then can JSP container evaluate
> this tag?
>
> Example... my tag ABC evaluates to:

> I have used TagSupport class, it returns the above string to the JSP,
> but I want the output of it to be displayed. How to do that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kalika P. Patil
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print,
copy or deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive
late or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.