From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Redirect Issues
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:34:25 GMT
The "better pattern" is don't use a JSP to issue a redirect (or a forward for
that matter). This is much better suited to a Filter or a Servlet or a
controller component of an MVC framework (like Struts).

Quoting Nic Werner <nic.werner@sonoma.edu>:

> Greetings again,
>     I've noticed a problem with redirect if I have a good chunk of code,
> where it won't redirect and I get this log error:
>
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>         at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.sendRedirect(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:338)
>         at

org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.RedirectSupport.doEndTag(RedirectSupport.java:151)
>         at

org.apache.jsp.editoutlethandler_jsp._jspService(editoutlethandler_jsp.java:602)

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>