From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Integer division question
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:21:49 GMT
The EL was actually more inspired by ECMAScript and XPath than Java. In both
ECMAScript and XPath, division results in a floating-point value in accordance
with IEEE 754. If what you really want is a string representation of the number
without any fractional digits, you could use:

<fmt:formatNumber var="..." value="${fn:length(myCollection) / 2}"
pattern="#"/>

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>