From Rick Reumann...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: JSP2.0 Tag File question
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:55:49 GMT
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:20:16AM -0400, Kris Schneider wrote:

> Jumping in late, sorry if I've missed something. If you don't specify a "type"
> attribute for an "attribute" directive, it defaults to String. Perhaps:
>
> <%@ attribute name="employees" type="java.util.Collection" %>

    Don't be sorry for jumping in late:)... that was it.. I
    needed the type attribute.

    Question though... the odd thing is it will loop over the
    employees without declaring the type as "Collection" yet if
    it thinks it is "String" how is this possible? I was
    thinking that somehow/somewhere I would have needed to
    declare the var employee as the correct type (EmployeeVO)
    (similar to how you could do it in the old-skool Struts
    logic:iterate tag).

    Regardless, it works like a charm declaring the type as you
    suggested, so thanks!

--
Rick

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
    </Jack Handey>