From Dennis Warren <>
Subject Re: JSTL with Resin 2.1.11 and JDK1.4.2
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:17:44 GMT
yes, there's a tag to disable that in Resin 2.1 but it doesn't seem to
resolve my problem.

  <jsp fast-jstl='false'/>

 I keep getting the error message below.  DocumentRange.class is
supposed to be xalan.jar which is contained in WEB-INF/lib of the
standard-examples web-app.  Is there anything in JDK1.4.2 that is
overriding this?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(
	at Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(
	at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml.TransformSupport.doStartTag(
	at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.xml.TransformTag.doStartTag(
	at _xml._transform__jsp._jspService(/standard-examples/xml/Transform.jsp:28)
	at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(
	at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(
	at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(
	at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(
	at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(
	at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(
	at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(

Kris Schneider wrote:

>I don't use Resin, but I know it has an integrated JSTL implementation. Have you
>disabled Resin's impl?
>Quoting Dennis Warren <>:
>>Has anyone been able to get Resin 2.1.11 to work with JDK1.4.2 using the
>>apache JSTL libraries 1.04?  I'm having some class problems with the
>>standard-example webapp.  Resin works fine with JDK1.4.1, but with 1.4.2
>>there seems to be some sort of class conflicts.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message