From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject Re: API for expression language evaluation
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:13:57 GMT
Yes, there is.  For an example on how to add the EL to your own tags you
can look at the struts-el tag libraries which are included as part of
the Struts core.  I use the org.apache.strutsel.taglib.utils.EvalHelper
class to evaluate EL expressions.  This ties my application to Struts,
but I am comfortable with that.  If you are not, it should be simple to
tie your classes only to the JSTL by only referencing the
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.support.ExpressionEvaluatorManager
class, which the EvalHelper depends on.

Matt