From "Brian Hart" <BHA...@mail.nysed.gov>
Subject Re: Best Approaches for passing jstl expressions to other non jstltags
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 15:40:31 GMT
So there isn't a valid way to use c:out within another tag?  I was
thinking it was just a matter of escaping my double-quotes correctly.  I
do have bean-handling scenarios that I would like to avoid having to
place values in a 'top-level' variable in order to leverage the
context.getAttribute() solution.

>>> bayard@generationjava.com 05/05/03 11:01AM >>>

The following works for me I think:

<vls:makecontent audience="<%= context.getAttribute("audience") %>"
id="75" />

Or something akin. Obviously you don't have any bean-handling there,
so
you need to use <c:out> to get the value into a top-level variable.

Hen