From John Cavacas <john....@sapiens.com>
Subject RE: Recursion with JSTL tags
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 20:59:27 GMT
Well,

I'm still going at it, I got it to successfully do one include inside a
<forEach>, but the calling itself part actually crashes my container :)

Looks something like this:

<x:forEach select="$doc/categories/*" var="cats>
	.. parse some xml
	.. output some content
	<c:set var="kids">
		<x:out select="$cats/@haschildren"/>
	</c:set>
	<c:if test="${kids == 'true'}">
		<c:import url="recursive.jsp"/>
	</c:if>
</x:forEach>

In recursive.jsp I have something similar, except the import is itself
instead of another JSP.

<x:forEach select="$doc/categories/category[@parent=$catId]" var="subcat">

	... do some work
	<c:if test="${kids == 'true'}">
		<c:import url="recursive.jsp"/>
	</c:if>
</x:forEach>

That's where my container (WebSphere) just craps out and crashes.

I have a feeling it may have to do something with output buffering, but I
don't think so if the first case works fine.

Thanks,
John

This communication is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity it
was addressed to and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication
from your system(s) to which it was sent and/or replicated to. (c) 2002
Sapiens Americas Corp.