From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Recursion with JSTL tags
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 20:43:38 GMT
John Cavacas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may seem like a silly question, but I was wondering if there was a way
> to achieve recursive behavior out of the core and xml tags.

JSTL prevents this in the sense that everything has to be an XML tag...
there's no go to or self-referencing, so loops start and end.

I think you're on the right track with having a include of yourself.  I
vaguely remember that according to comp sci theory you can write
recursive logic without being recursive, but how you do that has long
since left my brain.

--
Serge Knystautas
President