From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Populating One <select> Based On The Value In Another
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 16:47:32 GMT

I've got a front controller servlet that takes
requests, executes commands, puts results into the
request, and forwards them onto the next page.  The

<jsp:useBean id="something" class="java.util.Map"/>

Now I can access the map by writing:

"${something['key']}"

If the Map has String keys and java.util.List values,
I can get the value and stuff it into a JSTL
<c:forEach> tag.

Actually , I haven't gone to ANY trouble yet because
I've just started on this effort.  ;)  It was just an
idea.  I thought that if there was a way to get the
value out of DHTML and into JSTL that I was ignorant
of I'd be glad to know it.

But the dearth of information has brought me to the
same conclusion that you're drawing: it's not
possible.  I'll just populate both drop-downs at the
same time.  Thanks. - MOD