From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Populating One <select> Based On The Value In Another
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:38:56 GMT

I've got a JSP with two <select> tags in it.

I populate the first by iterating through a
java.util.List using the JSTL <c:forEach> tag.

When a user makes a selection from the first <select>,
I'd like to populate the second <select> option list
based on that selection.

I've got a java.util.Map that will have the first
selection options as keys into java.util.Lists.  I can
use ${firstMap["key"]} to get the list through which
I'll iterate for the second <select> option list.

How do I get the "key" value out of the first <select>
and into JSTL?  Seems like a common operation.  I'd
appreciate any advice that anyone could offer.  Thanks
- MOD