From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem With <jsp:useBean> and java.util.Date
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 17:35:08 GMT

Okay, I'm out of my mind.

I went to O'Reilly's "ONJAVA" site and found an
example that looked just like what I've been doing.  I
cut & pasted it into my page.

I only did two things differently:

1. I put the page scope <jsp:useBean> before a request
scope <jsp:useBean> that was there before.  (Before I
had the request scope first and the page scope
second.)

2. I changed the id from "currentDate" to "now".

Now the bloody table displays.

I'm willing to admit that I made a typo before, but if
there are any rules that I've missed about order for
scope I'd love to hear them.

But somehow it feels like I'll have to lose weight in
my fingers.  ;)  Must have been my mistake.  Thanks -
MOD