From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem With <jsp:useBean> and java.util.Date
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 17:14:34 GMT

I've got a JSP with a table inside a form that has a
date field.  I want to prepopulate the field with
today's date, so I imported java.util.Date in my page
declaration and added the tag:

<jsp:useBean id="currentDate" type="java.util.Date"/>

above the <table> definition.

When I bring up the JSP in Tomcat 4.1.24, I can see
the submit button, but the table disappears.  If I
remove the <jsp:useBean>, the table displays properly.

I looked in all the log files - no messages, no
exceptions.

I thought that <jsp:useBean> would create a new
java.util.Date instance and put it in the page context
with attribute name "currentDate".   Is that not
right?  What am I missing here?  Thanks - MOD