From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject Re: missing if/else syntax
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 20:08:24 GMT
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 15:23, otisg wrote:
> <c:if ...>
> </c:if>
> <c:else>
> </c:else>

Without an enclosing tag how would you do that? I suppose you could
throw a "oh, fine, do the 'else'" boolean into ${jrandom}scope, but that
seems cheesy.

I guess I don't really have huge issues with using:

<c:choose>
  <c:when...></c:when>
  <c:otherwise...></c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

even if it means my little pea-brain has to translate that to:

<c:uselessindentificator>
  <c:if...></c:if>
  <c:else...></c:else>
</c:uselessindentificator>

Hmm.

If the sole purpose of the <c:choose> tag is to allow a sub-tag to say
that it's going to run so nobody else should, would it be possible to
keep a page scope (or?) stack-ish thing of if/switch/etc-type tag
sets/enclosures and their respective test expression results?

So the first c:if (or a c:switch or?) tag that pushed its test results
(simple test) or value (switch) onto the stack. When the next c:else
comes along it pops to see if it should execute.

I dunno. Just seemed more interesting that what I should be working on
right now, that's all, even though I'm not sure it's really "proper"
XML.

Dave