From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: ELSE for JSTL
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:28:18 GMT

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Ivonne Barrantes wrote:

>  When we'll be able to enjoy the beneficts of our beloved  "ELSE" for JSTL ?
>
> I know we have the <c:choose> tag, but it takes more code lines then a
> simple <c:else>
>
> What do you think about it Shawn?

Shawn mentioned it in a post a week back or so I think. Unsure if it was
on Dev or Users. Basically the problem with <c:else> is that there's no
container tag:

<c:if..>
</c:if>
<c:else>
</c:else>

so it's probably a pain to implement.

However, it's probably worth trying outside of JSTL to see if it's
possible :) Any interest in working on an else tag? Either one that worked
with <c:if> or had its own <xx:if> tag would be a good way to show the
JSTL JSR group that such a thing is possible.

I'll add it to the list I've started compiling of useful tags to code to
compliment the JSTL.

Hen